Sunday, February 20, 2005

Living and....Learning?!?!?

So I was chatting with a friend this morning, and we were talking about how so many things change with age...we learn a lot from our various experiences and those things we learn mold us into the beings that we are and will become. I haven't lived a very long life, but I have learned a lot, both from good experiences and those which have led me to deal with regret. So this brief chat got me to thinking...do we really learn from our experiences (mainly the regretful ones), or is there the possibility that no matter how much we regret something that we will inevitably give in to that vice again at some point in the future? If so, have we really learned anything, or is that just a part of life. Then I got to thinking about regrets...are they mistakes? I mean, if we could go back and change those particular experiences, would we? It's easy to say yes, especially if the regret picks and pokes at our own character. But, despite that I think that we should be appreciative for those mistakes/regrets. Even those experiences make us who we are even if they are painful to confront for a while. I guess we can just hope that we learned enough to not put ourselves in those positions again, and if by some chance we do fall (which we will at some point in time) we should embrace the experience as one of further learning and shaping. Just don't be a fool ;)

Live and let live I guess, and like the other cliche...never say never.

No comments: