Saturday, February 19, 2005

Good Ole Nostalgia

My best friend and I were talking the other day, and she told me that she reconnected with an old friend from high school. She and he kinda dated, or something like that, and I dated his best friend, so I told her to give my old friend my email address through her old friend. So we talked, and they talked, and today she and I talked like we were back in high school...giggling and laughing all day. It's funny how two old friends got us reminiscing about our friendship from its inception. We talked and laughed, talked and laughed, and then finally hung up. It truly felt as if we were 15 and 16 again living in a constant state of glee. It was definitely a breath of fresh air to escape adulthood and venture back into a time when we had no bills, no jobs, no worries other than what we were going to wear to school. We should all definitely revisit the times when life was so simple that the only major reaction it could bring to us was laughter.

Then we finally hang up and she calls me right back saying "Why when we hung up why did my phone say 3-way calling?" As quickly as we left our adolescent years, we were right back. "Oh shit, what did we say? Who could I have called? Did we say anything to incriminate ourselves? I'm about to fucking die!" Then we continue to talk trying to figure out why the fuck her phone would say three way calling when it seems obvious that we were only engaging in a two way call. How is that possible? Two grown ass women acting like we are teenagers ALL DAY! Kinda funny, but we're still kinda wondering, who did we call while acting like complete dumb asses. We're still laughing, but still wondering who got an earful of all of our silliness.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for such vivid and insightful writings, not just this post, but all of those preceding. I believe that you are probably safe from the phone episode; your awareness of the fabulous Commodore 64 gives me the idea you are close to my age, and may have Orwellian views similar to mine (class of 1984). Please do continue with your work, as I will check backin the future.