Thursday, January 20, 2005

How old is OLD?

I'm sitting here watching the Apprentice, and I'm wondering "Am I old?"
I don't like anything too loud...music, television, and TALKING. If any of the above are too loud, I find myself easily annoyed.
I wonder when or if there will ever be any good television like there used to be. Remember shows like The Cosby Show, The Greatest American Hero, Facts of Life, Good Times, Sanford and Son, The Jefferson, All in the Family, Cheers, and other sitcoms. And what about good game shows...yes we still have Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, but what about the others...remember "double your whammy???"
And while I like Spongebob and the proud family, those are about the only two cartoons that are partially interesting to me. Will they ever recreate tom and jerry, woody woodpecker, looney toons, hell, even muppet babies???
What's the latest slang? "Cool" and "Fresh" are no longer appropriate for young audiences, and "hot" went out as fast as it came in. When did "O.D." became the latest term (is that even still "hot?")
Don't let me even start with music. Where's the message? And, is Nelly really in the category of hip hop? Or is he pop? Whatever catgory he's in needs to become obsolete...soon.
And how long have blogs been out? The concept was new to me just a few weeks ago, but apparently blogs have been around for quite some time.
Maybe it's because I'm around teenagers everyday, or maybe it's because time is moving so fast, that it's hard to keep up. Sometimes I just wanna go back to the good ole days (now how OLD does that sound?!?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just sounds like you're getting smarter, wiser, which unfortunately, or fortunately, does comes with the disadvantage of age - but not necessarily "old" age