Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm a Video Ho

So in a previous blog I've said that I was not a slut, but a ho...now I have to make that term a little more specific. I am now a video ho. I've been in this city for almost a year and a half, and somehow in the process of moving here I forgot to pack a radio, so I've been without music for this entire time. It never dawned on me that I have cable, and there are several channels reserved for music entertainment only...and not MTV, or BET, or VH1...all of those channels have more reality shows than music. If you want music, you have to scroll up into the 100's. So about a week ago I discovered VH1Soul, and I'm hooked. Anytime a commerical comes on a show I'm watching I find myself hitting the "last" button on my remote so that I can quickly get back to channel 144. So I think I've caught up with the music of the times. I've seen so much Amerie, Ciara, Mariah, Bobby Valentino, John Legend, K-0s, Jill Scott, Joss Stone, etc., etc., that a sane person would think I had enough...but not me. I find myself in a trance as I watch people "sing" their hearts off, and dance their asses into oblivion. Again...I am hooked. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen the same videos over and over again, but I continue to watch. I have to say it's kinda nice to see some oldies come on...just finished watching Black Sheep's "This or That" and couldn't keep myself in my chair. I found myself traveling back in time when Maxwell, 702, Destiny's child before all of the changes, Toni Braxton, and others appeared on my screen. Just a few minutes ago I realized why so many of my students watch videos instead of doing their homework...this shit is addictive. I don't know how "good" it really is,but it is definitely entertaining.

2 comments:

Adia Creator said...

I'm a Snoop Dogg fan, I can't lie. Oh God! Did I just admit that!! Yep, the world is standing on it's head. Nice site, keep it up. I think I'm going to seek help...excuse me please.

Anonymous said...

now if you were REALLY a video ho, then you can do all the moves from them (or at least attempt).

so that bein said, what are your top 3 videos that you pretend to know all the choreography for?