Sunday, August 28, 2005

Do All These Heffers Look Alike?

So summertime for teachers is supposed to be all about breaks?!?! Well that's what I thought before I actually became a teacher. While I sat immersed in work in the middle of July I came to realize that this was a fallacy. I haven't had a chance to take a break from anything...except this blog. Maybe I shouldn't have taken this break because I feel that it could have gotten me through this pretty rough summer. But you live and learn...I guess.

So I'm sitting here watching the MTV VMA's. I'm looking to see how everyone is dressed, who's with who, and I keep seeing Beyonce appear on the screen...with different outfits...with different people, and it finally dawned on me...that's not Beyonce, just a whole lot of women who are mimicing the brown skin/brownish-blondish hair duo. Let's see who's rocking this no longer unique combo...Ciara, Mariah Carey, Shakira, Trina, Christina Milian, Ashanti, J. Lo, and I can't think of anymore right now, but I'm sure if I contine to watch someone else will surely "surprise" me with their original look and sense of style. And I will admit - I didn't see all of these women on tv tonight, but when thinking about the videos and appearances I've seen over the course of the summer, I begin to remember more of the women who have fallen prey to this... Now there are a few who didn't jump on to this bandwagon, and I salute them...well maybe I won't go that far, but I will thank them for making this show a little more heterogenous.

No comments: